We currently offer a range of Massage treatments including:
- Complex Lymphatic Therapy – Complex Lymphatic Therapy is a series of elements that treats Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema’s as well as oedema’s. The elements include – Manual Lymphatic Drainage to help improve Lymphatic system function and reduce swelling; Compression bandaging/garments to further reduce swelling and maintain fluid reduction; Specific lymphatic exercises to improve/maintain lymphatic system function; Patient education on skin care and; instruction on self management to reduce the incidence and severity of Lymphoedema.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage – This massage is relaxing and gentle to help the lymphatic system function more efficiently. It can help to reduce fluid retention, improve lymphatic flow, assist with detoxification and boost the immune system.
- Myofascial Cupping – This massage is an adaptation of traditional Chinese cupping and utilises a pump action to draw up the skin, fascial tissue and superficial muscle layers into cups. This action helps to increase blood flow and nutrients to the area and creates a broad soft tissue release. Cupping can help to break down adhesion, increase range of movement, decrease pain and reduce inflammation. It can be a stand alone massage treatment or easily blended in with other massage treatments.
- Oncology Massage – This massage is safe and gentle for those living with a diagnosis of cancer and is suitable at any stage of their journey. It can help to reduce anxiety, pain and nausea. It can also improve energy levels and sleep.
- Relaxation Massage – This massage is a gentle flowing massage that can help with relaxation / rejuvenation. It can help to stimulate circulation and lymphatic flow, reduce muscle tension, stress, headaches and back pain.
- Remedial massage – Remedial massage focuses on treating a particular injury or condition through a range of massage and stretching techniques. The treatment will include a systematic assessment and treatment of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues of the body to assist in rehabilitation, pain and injury management. Remedial massage aims to reduce or eliminate pain, and restore normal function of muscles and joints, aid recovery from injury and improve posture. It can help increase joint mobility and flexibility, stimulate the lymphatic system and promote blood flow, particularly to injured areas.